Things to do before you arrive
You’ve received an offer, what next?
Applying and receiving an offer is the start of your journey to study with us, there are a few more steps you need to take before we see you on campus.
1. Confirm your offer
Pay your confirmation fee and return your signed acceptance form to confirm your offer.
2. Apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)
You can apply for your CAS up to six months before your course start date (three months if you are in the UK)
- Book and take your Pre-CAS interview (if required)
- Pay any fees due - check the information in your payment plan in your offer letter
- Provide any outstanding documents - your insurance information, emergency contact details, any study gap information (if applicable), living arrangement confirmation form and previous UK Visa history (if applicable)
- Receive your CAS preview. Sign and return it
- Submit your financial or bank documents You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.
3. Apply for your student visa
Once you have received your CAS you can apply for your visa and take your UKVI interview.
4. Arrange your accommodation
If you have requested accommodation on your application form, our Central Student Support Team will contact you directly regarding the options available.
You may prefer to arrange your own accommodation. We recommend for the best student experience and to focus on your studies that you live close to the Centre but you must live no further than a 60-minute commutable distance from the Centre.
5. Book your travel to the UK
Receive your visa and book your travel. When booking your travel, make sure you arrive before your first day of term, so you don’t miss our valuable induction programme. Accommodation with the International Study Centre is usually available two days before the start of term.
6. Book your insurance
It is essential all international students have the protection of personal insurance while studying in the UK. You can take out our StudyCare cover or arrange your own.
7. Arrive on time
In your first week, you will take part in orientation activities and get to know the people and places around you. These normally include tours, information talks, and team games. You will receive further information when your place at the International Study Centre is confirmed.
International Foundation Year start date: 26th September
You must request your CAS by the published deadlines, at the latest. Please note that these CAS request deadlines are based on standard visa processing times, and are set in conjunction with the University. For some programmes, the CAS will be issued by Study Group; for other programmes, the Combined visa (iCAS) is issued by the University. If the deadlines for your programme are not yet currently listed, you will be contacted by Admissions when the information is available.
|19th August 2022||26th August 2022||2nd September 2022||9th September 2022|
|21st October 2022||28th October 2022||4th November 2022||11th November 2022|
United Arab Emirates
For United Kingdom onshore students (already in the UK) the CAS deadline is 16th September 2022.